Confessions of a Tall Boyfriend...

Ladies we all know the pros of dating a tall guy: they can reach the top shelf in a supermarket and you never lose them in a crowd, but have you ever taken the time to consider the cons that come with being a tall boyfriend?


Well, we thought we'd find out... meet Sam, our 6 foot 5 inches tall boyfriend. Here's what he had to say...
























I wouldn’t describe myself as a giant among men as I'm not what you’d call ‘vertically challenged’. At 6 foot 5 inches I do get a lot of ‘ooooh you’re tall!’.

I've been with my girlfriend for a couple of years now and it's all going swimmingly. She’s a gem and she puts up with my nonsense incredibly well. She’s a very petite 5 foot 3 inches tall and comfortably fits under my chin, with a few centimetres to spare. Whilst being tall has its perks for both of us, it comes with some disadvantages too…



My top shelf obligation  

“Could you grab some Coco Pops from the top shelf please?”
“Could you get that pan from the back of the cupboard for me please?”
“That light bulb needs changing, love.”
“Those curtains need taking down, please. I would do it myself, but y’know.”


When I drop something on the floor, I don’t ask her to pick it up because it’s too far for me to reach the ground and I get a rush of blood to the head that makes me woozy, do I?! I’m on the brink of buying her a portable stool…

 
All your jumpers go missing  

The big knitwear ones are the first to go, especially when winter rolls around. I’ll ask her if she’s seen any of my jumpers come through the wash, “Nope. Not seen any, sorry.”

A couple of hours later, and guess who’s sat on the sofa all cozied up in an XL knitted pullover that looks a lot like the one I bought last weekend…” But it’s cooooooollllldddddddd.” 

Public Transport issues  

Folding into a train/bus/car for a three hour journey is a nightmarish prospect, but my shorter significant other always manages to make any public transport seat look like the comfiest place on earth. She’ll curl up and make herself a snug little nest and ask if I’m alright with my knees up by your ears – yes, brilliant thanks; couldn’t be comfier. I’ll look around longingly at the empty seats I could be sprawled across, but of course, she wants me to sit next to her so she can sleep on me…
 

Portable search tower and beacon 

We’re in a busy bar, meeting some friends and she asks, “Can you see them sat anywhere? Where are they?” Just because I’m tall doesn’t mean my sight can penetrate the crowd and dimmed mood lighting to pinpoint our friend’s exact location. They’ll probably spot my head bobbing around above the crowd anyway…


New clothes

It’s a nice thought, but when she buys me clothes it never ends well…


“It’s a little tight around the chest. And the stomach. And the arms. It’s a little tight all over to be honest… No I’ve not put on weight… are you sure this is my size? No, no, it’s nice, I like it… just a bit tight, that’s all…” At least she can wear it when it inevitably doesn’t fit!
I'm Sam and this is the unknown challenges of tall boyfriends!
 

Thank you Sam!

Find your big or little spoon now with Flirtify.

0 comments:

Post a Comment