Not your Typical Ad: Canadian Man Seeks Elizabeth Gallagher for World Travel



Guest blogger: Sarah Morrell

A man from Canada is giving away a round-the-world plane ticket for free, to anyone who shares the same name as his ex.

Jordan Axani, 27, booked the world trip for his former girlfriend and himself. But as they say life goes on, and after their relationship ended Jordan didn’t want to give up his journey of a lifetime and decided to give the ticket to another Elizabeth Gallagher.

Apparently, he looked into changing the name on the ticket but it was ‘damn near impossible,’ so Jordan thought of this inventive way to make both tickets viable saying, ‘I hate the idea of a ticket around the world going to waste; I am looking for a Canadian named Elizabeth Gallagher who could use the ticket.’

But we’re asking, is this healthy? 

I still feel a twinge every time I hear my ex’s name, even though it’s an extremely common one. So much so I have passed up dates based on it – never mind a holiday with someone!

Remember Bennifer of 2003… and 2007?

I know it shouldn’t be a deal breaker or even a big deal, but hearing my ex’s name, certainly back then when emotions were running high, I would immediately feel a bit of heartache. I assumed people felt the same? During relationships, we create extremely strong associations with places and things having to do with the person we’re with. For example, I’ll always remember the aftershave my ex wore, and when I smelt it in a crowd I’d anxiously look around, then there’s that bar which still brings back memories of another ex. Even a song or a particular kind of drink can send me on a trip down ex-boyfriend memory lane. So you can understand my confusion then at Jordan’s decision.

The itinerary for the trip includes Europe, the US and India with stops in Milan, Prague, Paris, New York and Delhi over December and January – only 3 weeks away!

Jordan reassured possible Elizabeth Gallagher’s out there saying, ‘I am not looking for anything in return, I am not looking for companionship, romance, drugs, a trade, or to take selfies with you in front the Christmas market in Prague. If you feel compelled to toss me a couple hundred bucks, great. Really the only thing I ask for is that you enjoy this trip and that it brings you happiness.’

Not completely forgoing a criteria though, Jordan specified his travel partner must;

  • Be sane, smart and (hopefully) interesting - yes
  • Have always wanted to travel - but maybe haven’t had the opportunity or the cash to see much of the world - yes
  • Be named Elizabeth Gallagher and have a Canadian passport - ah
  • Be ready for a rather spontaneous life experience that will, one day, be an epic story that you’ll tell your kids - yes
3 out of 4 isn’t bad!

So whilst Jordan’s being exceptionally specific there could be something to throwing caution to the wind, forgoing the ‘type’ we think we have and doing something i.e. dating someone spontaneously! 

I hope he finds her, and to all those Canadian Liz Gallagher's out there - it's your lucky day!

Go to Flirtify.co.uk and find your travel partner - who knows the holiday version of Elizabeth Gallagher could be the one for Jordan ahhh!

0 comments:

Post a Comment